Rising Together Vision Council
The Vision Council develops the overall vision for Rising Together initiatives by making recommendations about strategy, advocating for funders, policymakers, and the public at large.
Vision Council Purpose
The Vision Council serves in an advisory capacity for Rising Together.
Members of the Vision Council pledge their individual and organizational support to the vision and goals of Rising Together and commit to work in alignment through their respective organizations and in collaboration with other partners to advance the strategies of the initiative.
2023-2024 Vision Council
We welcome Nicole Abreu as the newest member of the vision council
View her spotlight below.
- Teresa Salazar – Vision Council Chair, Superintendent, Moriarty-Edgewood School District
- Nicole Abreu, Regional Sales Director, Ardham Technologies, Inc.
- Barbara Balik, RN, Ed.D., Healthcare Consultant, Aefina Partners
- Rob Black, President and CEO of NM Chamber of Commerce
- Tonna Burgos, Retired Educator, Rio Ranco Public Schools
- Danielle Casey, President, Albuquerque Economic Development
- Scott Elder, Superintendent, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Del Esparza, President, Esparza Advertising
- Myers Godwin, Albuquerque Director of Development, NDI New Mexico
- Billy Gupton, Senior Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Jessica Hernandez, Attorney, Kennedy, Hernandez, & Associates, P.C.
- Elizabeth Kistin Keller, Ph.D., First Lady of Albuquerque, Principal Systems Analyst, Sandia National Laboratories
- Diana Lopez, Health Promotion Specialist, New Mexico Department of Health
- Reina Martinez, Special Project Coordinator Bernalillo County, Department of Behavioral Health Services
- Rodney Prunty, President and CEO, United Way of North Central New Mexico
- Natalie Romero, Director of Learning Services, Moriarty-Edgewood School District
- Nireata Seals, Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Success, Central New Mexico Community College
- Danette Townsend, Executive Director, ABC Community Schools
- Garnett Stokes, President, University of New Mexico
For more information or to learn about joining the Vision Council, contact Senior Director of Community Impact Sonya Lara.
Vision Council Spotlight
Nicole Abreu, the inaugural speaker in the YLS Speaker Series, is a lifelong New Mexico resident whose remarkable journey from Las Vegas, NM to her current role as Regional Director of Sales at Ardham Technologies is a testament to her unwavering dedication and relentless drive.
Rising Together INITIATIVE
Healthy Beginnings and School Readiness
All children and families in central New Mexico launch a path to school success at birth.
All students in central New Mexico develop grade-appropriate learning skills on time.
Post-High School Readiness
All students in central New Mexico develop a post-high school plan that leads to a career pathway in which they thrive.
Adults in Education
All adults in central New Mexico have the resources needed to connect to a postsecondary pathway.
Basic needs are met for all individuals in central New Mexico.
A CRADLE-TO-CAREER COMMITMENT