INSPIRE. EDUCATE. UPLIFT.
Join a powerful group of women change-makers.
Women United is dedicated to giving women a greater voice to affect change in their community. Through leadership, giving, and networking, Women United combines funding and volunteering to magnify the impact of the United Way of North Central New Mexico (UWNCNM) in the lives of women in our community.
“As a community of motivated women, we work to build meaningful and lasting change empowering women to improve their lives.”
What We Do
- Monthly visits to our non-profit partners’ facilities for tours and learning sessions
- Improve lives by participating in hands-on service projects
- Meet and network with like-minded community members, business leaders, and philanthropists
- Learn about and connect with organizations supporting women in our community
- Receive invitations to all Women United events
- Participate in conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), and equality in philanthropy
Women United Fund
The purpose of UWNCNM’s Women United Fund is to help create sustainable systemic change in our five-county community through grants that address a continuum of services and the most pressing issues for women. These grants are awarded to agencies that empower women to become self-sufficient through focus areas including but not limited to:
Improving high school graduation rates and/or assisting with GED completion
Providing job/skill training and/or retraining for women to secure gainful employment
Supporting transitional and/or permanent housing for women
Women United Members are people who wish to affect change in their community by giving any amount to the United Way of North Central New Mexico Women United Fund. Members are asked to volunteer their time to improve the lives of women in our community.
Women United Members who give:
- $250 or more to the Women United Fund are eligible to serve on the Women United Celebration & Appreciation Committee or the Education & Engagement Committee.
- $500 or more to the Women United Fund are eligible to serve on the Women United Council.
- $1000 or more to the Women United Fund are eligible to serve on the Women United Grant Panel.
Women of WU
Women United Funding WELCOMEs WOMEN INTO THE WORKFORCE
WOMEN UNITED FUND
We give grants to nonprofits that focus on women’s work readiness.
WOMEN UNITED ENDOWMENT
Help sustain our work with a matching gift of $5,000 or more over 5 years.