Save your money for other things. Tax Help New Mexico, with volunteers, has begun preparing taxes for families that earn less than $57,000.
In 2020, we prepared 7,109 New Mexico resident taxes.
Services are now ongoing. Visit taxhelpNM.org to book an appointment.
What to bring:
In order to have your taxes prepared at a Tax Help New Mexico location, you MUST bring the following documents that apply:
- Proof of identification (photo ID, driver license, state-issued ID, passport, military ID, tribal ID)
- Social Security cards or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for yourself, your spouse and your dependents or anyone else on your return
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- Married filing joint: both spouses must be present with proper documentation to complete a tax return
- Total paid for day-care provider and the day-care provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage StatementsA copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available, and all other tax-related documents